The European People’s Party (“the EPP”) is committed to protecting your personal information and to respecting European legislation and its transposition into Belgian law on the matter. This document explains what information we collect and how we collect it.
The EPP respects an individual’s right to privacy and is committed to ensuring that people are treated fairly, in everything we do. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) outlines the types of personal data we collect and use, and how we may disclose that information.
This Notice applies to all personal data collected and used by the EPP about the general public. This Notice also applies to campaigns we carry out through third party social media sites (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), which we may use to gather public information about you. These sites should also have their own privacy policies that cover the information they capture about you.
After reading this Notice, if you have any further questions about how your personal data may be used, you can contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Our Data Protection Statement
The EPP may use the information you’ve provided in order to contact you. By providing your data to us, you are consenting to our making contact with you in the future by email. You can always opt out of communications at any time by following the instructions on the UNSUBSCRIBE PAGE.
What we collect about you
The EPP will collect information about you so that we can provide you with more information about policies or campaigns that you showed interested in or opted-in.
We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you sign a petition, send us an email or sign up to receive email updates, connect through social media, fill out a form or request information. Such information may include personal details, such as your name, address, e-mail address, country and preferences such as topics of interest. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with leaving comments or other content or in sending an email or message to us. In addition, from time to time, we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, contests, games, promotions or event registrations.
How we use / share your information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following reasons:
- To send you confirmations, updates and alerts;
- To send you newsletters or sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, policies, events, resources, promotions, and contests;
- To respond to your emails, submissions, requests, questions and comments;
- To canvass for political support;
- To remind you to vote;
- For any other purpose for which the information may have been explicitly collected
Information shared with third parties
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our website, landing pages or social media with third parties.
How we protect your information online
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information in order to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Questions? If you have any questions about this document, please contact the EPP at +32 2 2854140, or via email@example.com.
When you visit our Website, we may place the following cookies:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites or landing pages and to use some of its features.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites or landing pages but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality (like videos) may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites or landing pages are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites or landing pages for you. (Google analytics, NationBuilder, Unbounce)
- Marketing cookies: these cookies are used to track visitors across websites and landing pages. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. (Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics).
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.